Since 24 February this year, Ukrainian cities have reported bombings, air raids and fighting across the country following the invasion of Russian troops. Many people have fled to neighbouring countries and others are still trying to leave or have decided to stay. According to the United Nations, more than 2.8 million refugees have fled Ukraine since the outbreak of the war.
Funds donated to this project will supply humanitarian needs for transport, temporary housing, food, and other necessities for refugees, especially in Poland (1.7 million), in Hungary (0.25 million), and in other European countries, as well as provide aid for those who are displaced but have chosen to remain in Ukraine. So far, Pioneers members on the ground have assisted close to 600 people in desperate need.
To donate, click here
Join us in praying for Ukraine:
- Pray that God would bring peace in the midst of this war. Ask God to meet each Ukrainian and give them hope, wisdom, courage, provision and salvation.
- Pray for the local pastors and believers in Ukraine who have chosen to stay to minister, provide food and shelter, and share the hope of Jesus with their communities.
- Pray for those who are waiting in line at the borders to exit the country, pray that God would give those who know Christ the boldness to share the Gospel.
- Pray for the families that are being split apart. Pray for the women and children who are leaving, and for the men and youth that are staying to fight- ask God to meet them in their grief and fear.
- Pray for the Pioneers teams in Poland and Hungary who are ministering to different communities. Pray for their strength, discernment and unity.
- Pray for all the Ukrainian churches in Poland- that they would be able to minister together with the Polish churches and other ministries.
- Pray for God’s comfort for all those who have lost loved ones.